Reduce the cost of winter licks by using Voermol Dundee Lick Concentrate
It is a well-known fact that protein supplementation is essential in preventing weight loss and increasing cow productivity during the winter months in the summer rainfall region.With lick supplementation costs increasing by the day, it makes sense to investigate the use of cheaper alternatives such as ready-mix licks.
- Voermol Dundee Lick Concentrate is highly concentrated, thus lowering the cost of protein supplementation.
- Voermol Dundee Lick Concentrate can also be used to mix a large variety of licks. In this way licks can be adapted to ensure optimum animal performance in all situations.
- Voermol Dundee Lick Concentrate is a well-balanced lick concentrate containing the minerals, trace minerals as well as Vitamin A needed for optimum production.
- Voermol Dundee Lick Concentrate is available in the normal formulation and in a special formulation containing phosphorous (P) for specific conditions.
- The plus P-formulation is used especially in cases where cows calve during the dry winter months and therefore lactate throughout the winter months. The P-requirements of lactating cows are high and must be supplemented.
For complete mixing and feeding instructions consult the latest Voermol Product Guide, www.voermol.co.za or contact your nearest Voermol agent.
Lick Mix for Heifers
Heifers often under-perform because they do not ingest sufficient amounts of lick. For this reason heifers should receive a tasty lick of better quality than the licks fed to adult breeding cows. The following mixture is an example of a mix which should render good results:
Voermol Dundee Lick Concentrate 300
Voermol HPK 36 100
Rumevite P12 50
Maize meal 200
Recommended intake: 500 – 600 g/heifer/day.