VOERMOL SB 100
Class : Protein Concentrate for Ruminants
VOERMOL SB 100 is an economical and easy-to-feed concentrate for cattle. Simply mix with maize or other grain and mix together with roughage.
VOERMOL SB 100
- The “VOERMOL SYSTEM”, where concentrates and roughage are fed separately of ‘free choice’, has the following advantages:
- Easy adaptation because animals choose a high roughage ration in the beginning of the fattening period and eat more and more concentrate as they adapt, to end with an average roughage intake calculation of more or less 12 % of the ration over the entire feed period.
- Roughage need not be mixed or milled, which saves costs.
- Concentrate can be fed on the veld which saves the cost of building a feedlot and the cost of harvesting roughage.
is molasses based and is therefore more palatable which promotes intakes;
- can be fed with whole maize to cattle thus saving costs. Whenever old cows or oxen are fed, maize meal must be used;
- contains medicaments which reduce feed intake while mass gains are maintained which may improve feed conversion. They also reduce the risk of coccidosis in calves.
Whole Maize: See Voermol Beefmaker on p. 58
MIXING AND FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS
The “VOERMOL SYSTEM” means that the concentrate and the roughage are fed separately to reduce mixing and adaptation problems. The standard recommendation for cattle is 20 % Voermol SB 100 and 80 % maize. Either whole or milled maize can be used. Feed this mixture ad lib. and provide free access to separate roughage.
To ensure effective feed conversion it is important to use a hormone implant (Growth Stimulant). Follow the normal vaccination program for feedlot sicknesses as prescribed by a veterinarian.
The following table gives mixing instructions for complete feeds. These mixes must be fed ad lib.
The finisher ration contains Zilpatherol-HCL. Feed for the last 30 days of the feeding period. Withdraw for a minimum of 48 hours. Feed Grower ration during the withdrawal period.
For more information on Voermol Zilmol see p. 69.