Class Protein and Trace Mineral Supplement for Ruminants VOERMOL LANDELEK
has been developed to manage the feeding problems and deficiencies in crop residues of summer grains and stubble fields of small grains. Voermol Landelek is a protein-trace mineral supplement for sheep, cattle and goats:
- is already mixed (use as is);
- contains buffers to control acidosis;
- contains anionic salts to limit the forming of bladder stones;
- contains medium quality bypass protein and at least 32.7 % of the protein is derived from natural protein sources;
- supplies sufficient amounts of all seven essential trace minerals;
- is a molasses based product which is palatable and ensures good intakes. In addition, the lick will not blow away in the wind.
APPLICATION OF VOERMOL LANDELEK
- Landelek is recommended for young growing animals, like weaners and weaner lambs. Landelek can also be used with success for cows with calves and ewes with lambs;
- is recommended for use on crop residues of maize, grain sorghum and sunflowers as well as stubble fields of small grains;
- it can be used with success to fatten lambs or ewes with lambs on unharvested maize.
To prevent acidosis, Voermol Landelek must be provided ad lib. 14 days prior to putting sheep onto maize fields. Feed also maize or cobs on the veld at 200 g/animal/day and increase this amount over a 14 day period to 800 g/animal/day.
Day Maize (g/sheep/day)
15 Put sheep on maize fields
Limited grazing can also be used but it is not as effective as the above method.
Use the following as guidelines for limited grazing:
1-2 15 min
3-4 30 min
5-6 45 min
7-8 60 min
9-10 1 hr 15 min
11-12 1 hr 30 min
13-14 1 hr 45 min
15 Graze permanently Voermol Landelek must be available at all times. RECOMMENDED
NB Voermol Landelek in conjunction with the above-mentioned management principles will drastically decrease the risk of acidosis. However, since certain animals in a flock may eat little or no lick, it cannot be guaranteed that acidosis will not occur. Contains medicaments and must therefore not be fed to horses.